Friday, January 2, 2009

Phoenix: Reborn

Out with the old...
...In with the new.

I've lost a lot this year.
Granted, it could have been a lot worse,
But in retrospect,
The things you lose add up.
I thought life was over.
I told myself, "This is it.
Time to throw in the towel.
Nothing's out there waiting for you."
But I was wrong.

I gave up, lost all hope...
"If this can't work, nothing will."
For weeks I didn't eat,
Converse,
React,
Reach out...
I slept a lot.
Ranging from 12-16 hours a day.
I was so convinced that there would be
No good left in life.
But I was wrong.

I got sick.
Really sick.
Things didn't make sense
And I wasn't fighting for myself anymore.
I started realizing that the stories...
...didn't ever quite line up.
And sometimes I thought
I was the only one I could trust.
But I was wrong.

I was a pile of ashes.
No breath, no life. no hope.
I couldn't believe in anything
And I refused to hear anyone
that disagreed.
I died in that pile of ashes,
charred rose petals and
Blackened dreams.
I thought I was ready to let go.
But I was wrong.

Because through that pile of ash,
I saw a man reach out to me...
Telling me to take his hand,
That everything would be fine.
And through that man,
And that pile of ash,
A reaction took place:

The Raising of a Dead Girl.
The Rebirth of a Phoenix.

I knew I was weak.
He gave me strength.
I felt so lost.
He showed me the way.
I fell so hard
And he always seemed to catch me.

So out with the old...
...in with the new.

Somethings never change.
And God, I hope you're one of them.

1 comment:

Nicole said...

Awe.
I'm glad you're happy, dearest.

I just wish you didn't forget me along the way. :(